New England Clam Chowder
- 1 med onion
- 2 med potatoes, diced
- 2 6 1/4oz cans minced clams
- 3 c water
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c light cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee onions in butter until golden brown.
- Drain clam juice into pan, add water and potatoes. Salt and pepper.
Cook until potatoes are tender. Add clams.
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour and heat until bubbly.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Add cream. Heat until just
warm, and add to potatoes and clams.
- Heat gently -- do not boil.