- Basic Shortcrust Pastry for
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- a pinch of Bakon yeast (not a meat product and optional)
- 6 to 8 oz of swiss or gruyere cheese cubed
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 C. cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped greens (dandelion, chives, garlic, parsley, tansy,
quarters, cilantro, basil, sage, thyme, rosemary, parsley, leeks, anything
fresh and ok for you to eat)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cover the pie crust closely with foil.
- Cover the foil with beans and bake at 450F for 5 minutes. (The beans
can be used over and over for this purpose.)
- Saute the greens in the butter with the (optional) Bakon yeast until
- Line the bottom of the crust with greens.
- Spread the cheese on top of the eggs.
- Combine eggs, cream, a little nutmeg and some salt and pepper. Blend
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bake for approximately 15
min. at 450 F.
- Turn the oven down to 350 and bake until a knife comes
out clean (about 10-15 min.).
- Serve well chilled or hot, but not in between.